Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tranquil Tuesday - New Truck!


Well, new to us. It's a 2004 Ford F150.

My husband and I have been sharing our little sedan for the last four years. (Less than two really, with his deployments.) But finally! A second vehicle!

Yesterday evening we succeeded in finding and purchasing him a truck. I'm happy because we didn't pay more than I wanted to. He's happy because it's actually a pretty decent truck. He had wanted to spend more to get something 'better'. Well, in our price range, better was double the price. Sorry honey!

This morning I got to sleep until about 8am. I was still in my pjs when he got home from PT and that's just fine. I didn't have to rush out the door with him to drive him to work so I could drive to school.

I fed him breakfast and got him out the door on time. Then had over an hour before I had to be out the door. So relaxing. When I had to drive him in, my options were: get to school about 45 minutes early, or drive home, hang around for maybe 30 minutes then drive to school. 30-45 minute round trip to take him to work. After I drop him off, it takes me about 10-15 to get home. It's getting on post at 8:30 in the morning that takes forever.

So calm. I love starting my days calm. I'm doing my best to ignore the fact that I know today is going to be a very long day. I'm content in the knowledge that one of our friends is buying us dinner and I won't have to lift a finger.

Have I mentioned I drive about an hour each way for school? I'm insane. I'm planning to transfer somewhere closer for the fall semester. I am happy I stuck it out and started this semester rather than waiting. I actually like school. ^_^ How did that happen?

Lol.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - both on the new truck, and the calmer morning! :-) My hubby and I carpool...so yeah, no calm weekday mornings for me. (yet?)

    ReplyDelete