Monday, February 15, 2010

To-Do Day (And Banana Bread Photos!)

Pretty simple this week.

Pass my (now one!) exam, read a book, fit Ivory back into my schedule and keep up with 2YN over at Forward Motion.

Add in all the normal day-to-day life stuff, it gets complicated. But it works. If I stick to my routines, it all works and it all fits.

Pictures from my mini banana bread loaves I made Friday. Feel free to skip if uninterested in baking, I won't be offended. ;)














And yes, they were delicious! We gave a few away and frozen a few. They unfreeze very well. We pulled one out at bedtime, it was thawed by breakfast. If I were up in New Hampshire, I'd probably pull one out around dinner time to be thawed for breakfast, but it's not that cold here.

I didn't post the recipe with my original post, here it is now. This is my dad-in-law's banana bread recipe.

2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cup Water
2 1/4 Mashed Banana
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (I use walnuts, pecans work wonderfully as well.)
3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Soda


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix in a large bowl sugar, eggs, oil and water with electric mixer.
Sift dry ingredients together then add to the wet mixture. Mix/beat/combine. I love using my new kitchen aid mixture, I’ve used at hand mixer, it works, but with carpal tunnel it sucks. :) Using a spoon…never tired, don’t want to.
Add nuts and mashed bananas and mix with spoon. (I cheat and use the mixer to mix in the bananas, just on the lowest setting and only for a moment.)

Pour into your greased pans. This batter will make 3 decent sized normal loaf pans, or 8 mini loaf pans. You can also do muffins, I believe it makes about 25 normal sized muffins. I may be wrong, it might be double that. I haven’t done the muffins in a while.

I’ll be sticking with the mini loaves because they are perfect. :)

With the normal sized loaves, it should take about an hour. With the mini loaves I checked it at 30 minutes, not quite done, baked for 15 more and they were done. Probably would have been done at 10 minutes more too. Muffins…I want to say 20-25 minutes, but again, I’m not sure.

Toothpicks are your best friend with this recipe!

1 comment: