Friday, February 26, 2010

100th Post!

*dances*

Made it all the way to 100 posts! Woohoo!

Crazy week for me. Trying to find a house to rent with non-psycho landlords, trying to get my husband as prepped as possible for the promotion board on Wednesday, at least I'm done with exams until the end of March.

That was the longest sentence ever.

READING

I started reading James Patterson's 1st to Die. My husband loves that series, I picked it up and put it right back down. First person. I dislike first person, but surprisingly I picked it up again (only book in the car stuck waiting) and I'm actually liking it.

He jumps between the main character and the psycho bad guy in first person which is kinda cool. I'd probably have stopped reading if it was just the main character.

GOAL

My goal for the month is to find the time and the extra cash to go get my hair done. It's getting to the point where all I do is put it up in a ponytail. That's when I know it's getting too long and the layers are all funky.


What makes you put a book down?

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That was a long first sentence!

    Lately, I find myself putting books down faster than I used to. I seem to have a lot less patience for a story that doesn't do it for me immediately and maybe that's not fair. Still, I have less reading time than ever, so I want a story that grabs me right away.

    Things that make me stop reading? Well, implausiblity has been a big one lately. I say 'Really? How exactly did they manage that?' quite a bit.

    Other things? Dull characters. Characters that suddenly aren't smart enough to figure out the easiest solution to a problem, even after doing incredibly smart things throughout the rest of the story.

    I guess I'm getting really picky in my old age, but I just can't stand lazy writing, you know?

    Congrats on 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 100 posts!

    Your hair in the profile picture is beautiful.

    Things that make me put books down: if it's too much effort to figure out what the author is saying, if it moves too slowly, if I know there is a book I'm dying to read waiting for me instead.

    ReplyDelete