Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday's Baking - Banana Bread

Miniaturized!

(I know this is posting Saturday, need time to organize all the pictures to be oh so pretty...)

My husband and I decided to use the little tinfoil loaf pans this time around. I believe this recipe is his father's, it may originally be his Gigi's. It makes three normal size loaves. Normally. I usually turn them into muffins, otherwise I end up with too much banana bread.

We figured the mini loaves will make good little gifts and they should freeze rather well. When he gets a random craving for banana bread, we'll have some!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, banana bread. My boys will deliberately allow bananas to turn, because they know I can't stand to let them go to waste--and then they get banana bread. OK, now I'm hungry.

    Hope you have a great day baking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I make muffins too and freeze them- perfect servings for two. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were delicious! Freezing the mini loaves worked perfectly. Just pull one out before bed and it's thawed by breakfast. Slice it up a bit, butter and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

    Heavenly. I'll post the pictures in another post.

    ReplyDelete