Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tag!

Snagged the tag from Anita Miller's Blog. I tag everyone, because I am awesome at tag.

1) A. What's the last thing you wrote? B. What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
A. Email to my cousin.
B. Autobiography that I started when I was like 10.


2) Write poetry?
Sometimes. Used to a ton. Now if I do it’s generally to help me flush out the vibe of a story forming in my head.

3) Angsty poetry?
Yep, when I was an angsty teen.

4) Favorite genre of writing?
FOR WRITING: Um. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve found it yet. I’m thinking it’ll end up being paranormal/sci-fi – ish. Not vamps and werewolves, but like psychics and super human crap. Maybe.
FOR READING: Pretty much everything. Classics, horror, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, … if it’s a book, I’m likely to read it.

5) Most annoying character you've ever created?
Minor bad guy who I killed off pretty quick. He thought he was the shit, but really he was the shit’s father. Excuse my language but I can’t think of any other way to phrase that at the moment.

6) Best plot you've ever created?
Don’t know yet. I have a short story one that I really like. Which is on my old laptop and I will eventually remember to transfer it over.

7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
OO! The one when the MC’s best friend turned out to be a traitor. Even I didn’t see that one coming. And I’m the writer!

8) How often do you get writer's block?
I don’t get writer’s block per se, I get annoyed and walk away from the computer for a bit.

9) Write fan fiction?
Nope.

10) Do you type or write by hand?
Both. I like to brainstorm on paper, outline paper/computer, main writing normally on computer, but sometimes I write scenes out by hand. Flows differently.

11) Do you save everything you write?
So far…kinda. I’ll trash paper that I’ve typed up. But if it’s not typed up I’ll save it.

12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
I’ve never abandoned one. I’ve come up with ideas, written a quick blurb so I wouldn’t forget and walked away. I say they are ‘marinating’.

13) What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
My autobiography actually. It’s fun to go back and read how I saw my life when I was younger. It’s so much fun to add to it every couple of years.

14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
Yeah, I’d have to share more stories for them to have a favorite…

15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Romance, as a subplot yes. Angsty teen drama? No.

16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Um. Don’t have one. Each story has its own proper place so far.

17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Second novel draft, first novel draft and a couple short stories I REALLY need to finish already.

18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Nope.

19) What are your five favorite words?
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pint

20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?
I’m not sure. I think my first MC is most like myself. But I think all of them carry some traits I have.

21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
From the idea fairy. She rocks. Really, no clue where they come from, I’m just grateful I get them.

22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Yes. I have some seriously crazy dreams.

23) Do you favor happy endings?
Happy yes, but they can’t be fairy tale happy. That just annoys me in my writing. I do love reading them sometimes.

24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes. Usually. Normally. Okay sometimes. I try to remember to go back after writing a section to check, but I’m still working on getting my writing routine down.

25) Does music help you write?
Sometimes. When it works, I get to the point where I don’t even hear the music, it just helped me get into that sort of trance-ish state where I’m totally into what I’m writing. Doesn’t always work, but when it does it’s awesome.

26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.
Like I can quote my own writing. I should be able to, but I can’t. I’m not great at quoting anything really.

No comments:

Post a Comment