Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Outlining

Writing
 
How do you outline? Mine method is all over the place! I've tried all kinds of outline methods. One line per scene, per chapter. I've tried summaries, I've even try something called a phase outline, created by Zette. Nothing seems to stick with me.

Yesterday, I took over a white board, broke it into three acts and started writing. I got halfway done before my wrist yelled at me. I went in order with the scenes. Normally I'm all over the place, outlining the middle before I even have an idea of a beginning.

Ever wonder if outlining is a waste of time? I have been. I always make changes as I write. My final product rarely resembles the original outline. Should I try being a pantser? Maybe that's the right fit. 


Food

Friday's Baking - Cooking! Only baking I am doing this week is a Lemon Merinque Pie, which I've posted before. According to spell check, I've been spelling' merinque wrong my whole life. Claims it's spelt with a 'g', not a 'q'.

I'll be posting Ronnie's Pot Roast. I never met Ronnie, neither has my mom-in-law, who gave me this recipe. Interesting...

Life

Doctor's appointment tomorrow to find out if I can get surgery to fix my carpal tunnel or not. I'm hoping for a yes. It's beyond ridiculous how much my wrist problems interfere with my daily life.


Zeus will be 6 months old in a week. He weighs 45 pounds now. Of course the only recent photos I have are on my phone. He's still a cutie! Just not as cute as he was at 7 weeks!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Yup. I've always pronounced it "mer-ang" so the g makes sense. I'm trying to pronouce it with a Q and I'm confused...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds the same. I wonder if it's due to the French influence up in New Hampshire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm in love with Zeus!!! Please kiss him for me. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You outline? That's WAAAYYYY too organised for me. I just write and see where things go. My final piece usually ends up different to the start, but that's not bad thing as it is usually an improvement.

    One story started out as a complex tale of spies, cross double-cross etc. It ended up being the POV of an old car being used in a getaway. Go figure!

    (and meringue is spelt with a g)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meringue it is!

    Zeus loves all the attention...

    :D

    ReplyDelete