Monday, January 5, 2009

Silly Blogger Phobia

I read a few blogs daily, or as daily as they post. Whenever I feel compelled to leave a comment, I never sign in to blogger first. I just post with a name, not even my actual name. As much as I want people to read my blog, I have this fear that they will hate it and compare mine to all these other awesome blogs that I love to read.

I think I'm near the point where I'll start posting comments signed in. The fact that I'm posting again is helpful. I doubt I will ever make a commitment to a certain number of posts a week or I'll post on certain days. I'll post when I have something I want to post about. I'm all for posting more than once a day, or not posting for two days. It does bother me when a blogger says they will post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but then don't post at all until Thursday. Almost every week. If you're not going to be able to stick to a commitment, don't make it.

I'm horrible at commitments. I'm doing great with my marriage, but time commitments. I can't say, 'oh I'll have that done by Wednesday.' I won't have it done until Friday, after I've come up with some excuse as to why it isn't done. I've gotten very good about not making commitments I know I won't keep. I used to agree to things all the time, because all I cared about was pleasing other people. I am not like that anymore. Finally clicked with me that you can't make everybody happy all the time. Just doesn't work.

And I'm out of steam. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment