Saturday, May 9, 2009

Haven't Done a Thing...

Haven't edited, haven't written, haven't outlined...I haven't done anything writing related in like two weeks.

Life just got a wee bit crazy, and lack of motivation.

No new recipes either. I totally butchered my meatball recipe today. Didn't add enough pepper and bread crumbs. Still tasted good, just not great. I'm overly critical of my own cooking. But I'll eat my friend's mushy spaghetti and say it's not that bad. lol

My plan:
Monday - Finish LIGHT IN THE DARK (short story) that I was supposed to finish...3 weeks ago.
Tuesday - Working on my outline for Entry Into Madness and type up two chapters of Ivory, fixing the tense as I go and adding description as needed. (Turns out, I'm very light on description.
Wednesday - Break day to get new tires on the car.
Thursday - More Ivory chapters, hopefully get at least 3 done. Proofread short story.
Friday - ...not sure yet. It'll depend on how the week goes.

Why nothing for tomorrow? (Sunday)...because I know I'll get busy, all of my friends happen to have Sunday either off completely or half days. And I really need to fold up all my laundry. I've got two baskets sitting, drives me crazy but I haven't had a chance. Okay, I'm all for honesty, I've just been lazy. It's all stuff that has to get folded and I'm not a huge fan of folding.

I have been trying to have a point to my posts. I guess this one is that we all have off days/weeks and it's the desire to get back to work that makes us writers. I think about writing all the time. I had a crazy dream last night, and when I woke up after I wrote it down, I started thinking about how I could turn it into a story. Maybe that's why I'm all for getting back to work. lol.

How are the rest of you doing?

2 comments:

  1. How am I doing? I'm feeling exausted, but great. I now work seven twelve-hour nights a week so you can imaging how much writing I'm getting in. Zippo.

    I'm glad you wrote your "crazy dream" down. That's exactly how my first book came about.

    On a more serious note...

    Meatballs: Meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, a little black pepper, a shot of Tabasco, and grated cheese. Lots of cheese.
    I prefer them on the smaller side, packed tightly.
    Bake them until they're good and brown, then plop 'em in your sauce. (It's only called gravy after the meat is in it) I like the sauce and meatballs to mingle flavors and that takes hours, at least three.
    Let me know.

    I'd love to read Light in the Dark when it's ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to share it! I just have to finish it.

    Grated cheese as in Parmesan or like shredded cheddar?

    I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I did it again, I did basically nothing this past week. I did get some spurts of inspiration while driving home Monday night, that helped a lot.

    Now I just need the time to sit and write. I can't do that with other things looming. I need a clear head.

    ReplyDelete