Sunday, May 17, 2015

My Writer's Mind Scared Me Today

Usually, it surprises me. Or makes me cry. But today, my writer's mind scared the crap out of me. I feel like I'm in a Stephen King novel! I never thought I'd be writing any kind of horror or thriller, but that's what this one is turning out to be.

So what did I write? Not sharing that! I've learned over the years that sharing samples usually leads to regret because in a week, a month, or a year I'll think it is such utter crap I'll be ashamed I ever posted it. If I ever publish anything, then samples are likely. Until then, process discussion only!

As I've said, I have some mental illnesses. One perk is that I get outlandish thoughts that very easily turn into story ideas. One had to do with a mauling, another with a bank robbery. Then there was the galaxy outlaw portraits hanging in the prime minister of the solar system's dining room.

Not scary sounding, I know. But there are some scary bits, I promise!

I just finished typing up all these little notes I've jotted down (in my phone or in the notebook by my bed) over the last few months. Now it's time to flush out some characters and solidify some basic plots.

Off to write I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment