Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Making Plans...Or Procrastinating?

It's been so long since I've written a large amount. Notes here and there, some line edits and maybe a scene on a good day. My life has been in upheaval for far too long. Plans are my safety zone. I'm planning to participate in JuNoWriMo. A spin-off of the beloved NaNoWriMo. I'm in the mood for writing so I don't want to wait until November to give myself a kick in the butt.

Do I expect to write 50,000 words in June? If I answer that honestly, I'll just be setting myself up for failure. Writing is something I value, so I will do my utmost to make time to write. The hope/goal is for the habits I establish in June to carry over permanently.

One week (of overtime of work, of course!) before JuNoWriMo. I'm excited! Not so much about the fact that June 1st is a Monday and I have to work. But excited about the since of community that comes from joining in word sprints, encouraging each other along and sharing your characters surprise you.

One thing I will be working on this week is flushing out some background on my characters. I won't force it, but my MC doesn't even have a name. I just call her 'she' and put MC in parenthesis when there is pronoun confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment