Saturday, April 18, 2009

Challah Bread

This is probably should have been posted before Easter, but as I made it on Easter, I'm posting it now. I do think I'll be making it a lot. This bread is delicious. It's just so good.

This is the original recipe: Bread Machine Challah II. Makes two of the loaves pictured below.

I first saw my mom make it one Christmas when I was 11, I think. She burnt the tops because of the egg wash, and not watching it closely. Taught me to watch anything that browns quick. :D I'm not Jewish, apparently it's a traditional Jewish bread. Kudos to them, it's delicious.

I'm not going to do my normal list out everything and my take on it, the recipe is almost perfect. All I changed was adding an extra 1/2 cup of bread flour. Several of the comments on the recipe said the dough was too sticky, one I saw suggested the extra flour. I tried it that way and it is perfect.


Laters!

4 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy. I wish I were more talented in cooking and baking, but I have to appreciate those who are instead.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is yummy, my friends solution is to buy from a bakery when they want yummy bread or badger me into making it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love challah. A very good friend of mine taught me how to make it many years ago. I'm going to have to search for that recipe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when friends teach me awesome recipes. Good luck finding that recipe Scott. :)

    I was just eating a piece (my friends talked me into making more.) and I'm thinking it'd be a good substitute for strawberry shortcake. Whether you like it with biscuits or sponge cake or pound cake. I think it'd taste so good. Maybe. I'll have to try it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete