Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oh My! A Post!

Between my wrist, school and life in general, I got a wee bit distracted from the blogosphere.


I'm not getting anywhere with my Average Joe outline, despite the fact that I can now type at a pace I haven't in probably a year. (I did a quick online wpm test, came back as 89 wpm. Woot! - I got the steroid shot for my wrist, major improvement, but not 100%) I've been trying, but nothing good is coming to me.

Average Joe is stale. I like the bones of the story, I like the changes Joe will have to go through. But that's it. Anything I try to add to the outline is just filler, and it sounds like filler.

I've decided I am going to start writing it. That has my brain screaming in panic. It doesn't believe me that venturing into the unplanned isn't a death sentence. I believe it's what needs to be done. This story idea wasn't planned in the least bit. All the good parts I have came to me while writing little snips of a scene for the 2YN class.

I don't know how long it will be, I don't know if it will stay comedic. I just know that outlining is not working for this story. Time to try something scary and new.

Time to try being a pantser!

3 comments:

  1. That's so weird--I'm a pantser trying to become a plotter. The horror!!

    Seriously, though, best of luck wading through uncharted waters. It's scary, but you'll be fine. As Dory from Finding Nemo says,"just keep swimming!"

    P.S. I apologize for the little kids' *ahem* ...Pixar movie reference. Could not help myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird! I always thought pantsers attempting to plot were finally seeing the light. Till I hit this story.

    No apologies necessary, I am an avid Pixar fan. :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just decided to start writing scenes out of order because everything I was writing was sounding like filler! Funny that you also came to a big change in your writing style. Good luck becoming a pantser... I'm still working on outlining while writing scenes out of order. Maybe I'm a hybrid? ;)

    ReplyDelete