Friday, January 2, 2009

Posting Often Totally Worked Out

Yeppers. I've been posting very often haven't I?

*shame*

So this is my reasserantion of my desire to maintain a blog. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because my husband is deploying soon, maybe it is because getting a job is looking more and more less likely, or maybe it is because I just feel like it.

I've got a pumpernickel bread recipe in the works. I will be attempting it tomorrow so I'l lbe sure to take pictures.

As for writing, I finished the first draft of Ivory and am now working the the first edit. I know there will at least be a second edit. And most likely a third simply because this is my first novel completed. There are a lot of things I have learned already about how to write a first draft just from the first 130 pages of editing I've done. Making sure all the basic facts about the characters are correct is a good start. And not writing scenes out of order. Unless it's all flash back stuff and it makes sense.

I want to start heavy prepping on my next project, but I can't focus on it right now. Andy's leaving soon and I am able to focus on editing Ivory so I'm happy with that.

Ivory finished at 398 pages, double spaced 12 point Times New Roman. I don't remember the word count, but after I cut the crap at the end it was under 100k. But not by much.

All I have for now. Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment